About the Course
This is an intermediate course aimed at people who have acquired a basic understanding of stainless steel through workplace experience and/or from completing the Introduction to Stainless Steel e-learning course. The targeted audience would include new comers to the industry, as well as persons requiring a more in depth knowledge of stainless steel, such as salespersons, supervisors, managers, specifiers and end users.
After attending the course, the learners should be able to:
- Know about Sassda and the role it plays in the industry.
- Understand what makes stainless steel unique.
- Understand the basic advantages and classifications of stainless steel.
- Identify the main classifications of stainless steel as well as the basic grades, composition, properties and uses of each.
- Understand the principles explained in the “Spider”.
- Identify the top 20 alloys.
- Know what corrosion is, how to avoid it, how to differentiate between the different types of corrosion and how each affects stainless steel.
- Understand the physical and mechanical properties of stainless steel.
- Know the difference between type, form and finish of stainless steel
- Be familiar with the SA primary producer manufacturing process.
- Understand the difference between flat products, long products, castings and tube & pipe.
- Identify the different types of stainless steel contamination.
- Be familiar with the process of the restoring the passive layer.
- Understand how to clean, store and maintain stainless steel.
Once learners have attended the course, they will be required to complete an electronic assessment and achieve a set standard to receive a certificate of successful completion. More details on the course will be contained in the confirmation of attendance.
The course is approved by the above institutions and have allocated CPD points
Member of Sassda – R1 100.00 per person (excluding VAT)
Non member – R1500.00 per person (excluding VAT)
In House (max 16 learners)
Member – R8 500.00 per group (excluding VAT)
Non Member – R13 000.00 per group (excluding VAT)
|07 March||Johannesburg||Sassda’s Offices, Morningside|
|07 March||Western Cape||CPUT, Bellville South|
|08 June||Johannesburg||Sassda’s Offices, Morningside|
|08 June||Western Cape||CPUT, Bellville South|
|22 August||Johannesburg||Sassda’s Offices, Morningside|
|22 August||Western Cape||CPUT, Bellville South|
For further information contact Mankabe More