|08h30 to 09h00
|09h00 to 10h05
||Basics of stainless steel
- Learn about the physical and mechanical properties of stainless steel
- Learn about what makes stainless steel stainlessLearn the importance of correctly specifying stainless steel grade for varying application and service environment
- Learn how to evaluate the corrosiveness of a site and select an appropriate stainless steel and finish for the application.
|10h00 to 10h45
||Stainless steel surfaces, finishes and applications in architecture
- Learn how to specify finishes for uniform appearance, optimal matching, flatness, and durability.
- Understand why using stainless steel helps conserve resources, improve air and water quality, extend building life, and minimize construction waste.
- Learn why stainless steel is increasingly being used for both interior and exterior applications in the architecture, building and construction industries
- Learn about various finishes and appropriate application and specifying of those stainless steel finishes
| 10h45 to 11h15
|| Mid-morning refreshments
|11h15 – 11h45
||Balustrades, handrails, staircases and case study
- Learn about how stainless steel is used with other materials
- Sans codes applicable to balustrade, handrails and staircases
- Understand the different installation methods
|11h45 – 12h30
- Learn about the strength, fire and impact resistance and other design characteristics of stainless steel and how it compares with other structural metals.
|12h30 – 12h45
||Swimming Pools, Water Features & Parks
- Increase your understanding of the factors that make chlorinated interior and exterior swimming pools and water features particularly corrosive environments, and why stainless steel grade specification should vary with the application and service environment.
|12h45 – 13h00