Established in 1964, Sassda remains one of the most active stainless steel industry associations in the world involved in increasing the awareness and use of stainless steel in Southern Africa.
With the recent and sudden arrival of the COVID-19 disease which has spread rapidly around the globe, Sassda remains committed to supporting our members, staff, clients and suppliers during these uncertain times.
The Sassda Board and Management team are closely monitoring developments on the ground and will continue to communicate any new decisions or activities with you in our most responsive manner possible.
Following our own internal communications strategy and the President’s National State of Disaster speech, we would like to share the following important updates with you:
- Sassda has communicated to its staff and sub-contractors that all Sassda events with physical interactions have been put on hold with immediate effect either via postponement, cancelation or through alternative means which will take everyone’s safety into account.
- This decision will directly affect the annual 2020 Sassda Awards and Conference event, which has been put on hold until further notice.
- The Western Cape Golf day of the 2nd April 2020 is postponed until further notice and members who have already booked should have received an email notifying them of this on Monday 16th March 2020.
- In response to the President’s request, we are curbing all air travel and minimising other forms of public travel modes.
- This week we will focus on servicing members into the immediate future in the most effective manner possible, albeit slightly different to the normal communication channels.
The Sassda Board and its Management team feel comfortable that the restrictions put in place by Sassda is not an overreaction but the only prudent and responsible course of action to take. We ask that all our members assist us in helping to stop the spread of the COVID-19 disease so we may return to normal business practices in the safest and shortest possible time.
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation; we stand stronger together. We salute each and every one of our valued members who help to make the Stainless Steel Association the industry standard that it is today and offer our thanks to each and every one of our clients, suppliers, supporters and associates who help us to grow the stainless steel community.