About the Course
This course introduces employees in the workshop to stainless steel and demonstrate best practices when fabricating and working with stainless steel in the workshop.
The target audience would include persons handling and working with stainless steel in the workshop such as; artisans, workshop assistants, welders, etc.
After attending the course, the learners should be able to:
- Introduce learners to what stainless steel is, what makes it “stainless”, the different grades, common uses and the basic properties of stainless steel
- Understand broad principles during bending, welding, machining, pressing and drawing and cutting when working with the different grades of stainless steel in the workshop
- Understand the importance of caring for stainless steel during fabrication
- Understand what mechanical damage and contamination is and how to prevent it
- Apply correct procedures for welding, cleaning and passivation of the weld zone and how to maintain the weld
- Understand the purpose of cleaning, pickling and passivation when fabricating and installing stainless steel
- Adhere to guidelines during site work.
Cost (1/2 day)
Member of Sassda – R7 300.00 per group (excluding VAT)
Non member – R8 400.00 per group (excluding VAT)
(>10 learners held at company premises and depending on availability)
For further information contact Mankabe More