The World Stainless Association (formely known as ISSF) is a not-for-profit research and development association which was founded in 1996 as the International Stainless Steel Forum.
Its primary roles are to undertake stainless steel industry beneficial tasks that are better coordinated centrally in the fields of
- Promoting industry and material sustainability benefits
- Conserving resources and promoting the circular economy
- Providing economic and industry- leading statistics
- Support industry health & safety needs and developments
- Outlining market development and expansion opportunities
- Maintaining brand reputational positioning
- Materials education
Who are its members?
The members of the world stainless association are producers of stainless steel (integrated mills and rerollers) and stainless steel development associations.
The worldstainless provides a focal point for the global stainless steel industry and an opportunity to combine resources on matters of shared interest. worldstainless also promotes the use of stainless steels and works very closely with the regional stainless steel development associations (SSDAs) and the Associations representing the Raw Materials producers.
There are various presentations publications on offer to download from their website https://www.worldstainless.org/application